Terms & conditions
This is not a complete list of our terms & conditions but it's a guide!
- We have a strict age bracket of 18 to 40.
- Membership payments must be made in advance, not in arrears. If a player falls behind on their membership payment then we may cancel their membership and offer the place to a new player.
- If you fall behind on your payment or a payment is missed for any reason you will need to settle this up.
- If your membership is cancelled for any reason including overdue payment then you must pay the joining fee if you'd like to join one of our sports sessions again.
- All of our sports sessions are run in a similar format. Your membership is for 45 minutes on court, of practise/coaching/training/games. If other players don't turn up then you may be able to play up to the full length of your session.
- We reserve the right to change the start time, end time, and length of your sports session. However in this case we will adjust the number of members accordingly so that you will always get 45 minutes of training/games.
- We run social sports sessions, the key word being "social", and players must play as part of their team. We want all of our players to get involved and enjoy their games so it's important that you discuss with your team how you will play together, in which positions, and that the ball is passed around to give everyone a chance to take part. Whilst we do want our players to improve their personal skills and play well, this mustn't be at the expense of other players' enjoyment. So we're looking for new players who want to be part of our fun sporty crew; we're not looking for players who come to do their own thing, just to shoot/score/spike. Defense is 50% of every game and we expect all of our players to actively participate in this. The less your opponents score, the less your team has to score.
- Team spirit is very important in all of our sessions. We like players who help keep team morale up, regardless of the score. Team spirit extends to the opposing team as well, and we expect our players to show courtesy and respect to the opposing team at all times. Negative comments and taunting are never acceptable. Deliberate hard contact with a player is not acceptable; all of our games allow only minimal contact. Shaking hands with everyone including the referee after the games is encouraged.
- Our sports sessions have fixed start and end times. Players are not allowed to begin practising or playing before the exact time their session starts, and players must come off court immediately when the session ends.
- Players are required to play to the level of their sports session. If a player is too skilful for the session then they may be required to move up to a more advanced level. If a player is unable to keep the game flowing for any reason, including lack of skill or lack of fitness, then that player may be required to move down to a more appropriate level session. If PlayFit feels a player is really not suitable for any of our sessions then that player may be asked to stop playing with us. This is essential for the benefit of all our other players.
- Some of our sports sessions require you to purchase a bib as explained on our membership pages. If you don't bring your bib or it's not in a dry, clean, usable condition then you will be required to hire one for which you will have to pay £1.
- You are required to keep PlayFit updated with your current contact details including address, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and people to contact in case of emergency. You can update your details on our Members Details page.
- From January 2014 we are offering our players the chance to organise social events in exchange for a part refund of the membership fee. Click here for the terms & conditions for organising social events.